The first group of learners were selected at Thuto Thebe middle, Garankuwa, in May 2004 and they are: Isaac Motlhamme; Kefentse Motshwane; Dineo Mokhuthwane; Obakeng Gouwe; Sipho Mabasa and Itumeleng Sekhu. These learners were supported until they left the school.
The second group of learners was selected in 2007 and they are: Lesego Makgothi; Keamogetswe Morokolo; Flora Maja; Donosie Niyonzima; Nhlanhla Masondo; Lefa Modiselle and Kgothatso Moruthane. Lesego Makgothi left the school and moved to Winterveld where she completed her matric and went to study nursing in Pretoria. Kgothatso Moruthane left the school and went to Tsogo high school where he completed his matric and then proceeded to study for a degree in pharmacy in 2012.
Keamogetswe Morokolo; Flora Maja; Donosie Niyonzima and Lefa Modiselle completed their matric in 2012.
In 2007 the trust expanded to include students from outside Ga-Rankuwa and that is when Sibusiso Mthembu was adopted. Since then he has completed his BSc degree majoring in Anatomy and Physiology at the University of the Witwatersrand. He graduated in June 2012. He is currently studying towards a B.Sc(hons) degree in anatomy. It is important to mention that Sibusiso’s Wits registration fees were paid by Prof Gaziano of the Harvard School of Public Health and adopt-a-learner covers his living expenses. Since 2011 Sibusiso has been living with us and has access to all the resources that my son has.
Since 2010 the trust has taken on a few more students already studying at University or other Higher Education Institutions:
- Doctor Mlambo registered for a National Diploma in Information Technology was adopted in 2011;
- Judith Matlou who is registered for a B.A degree in international relations and diplomacy was adopted in 2012 and supported only for that year;
- Delice Lumumba registered for a BSc degree in IT was given financial support from 2011 till he completed his degree in 2014. He was also provided with a laptop in 2012.
- Solomon Dithalane was adopted in January 2013 and registered for a Bachelor of Mechanical engineering at the University of Pretoria.
- Mulalo Arthur Sambula is registered for a BSc degree majoring in Chemistry and Microbiology was assisted with registration fees in 2013
- Sylvester Molokoane was adopted in January 2013 and is registered for a Bachelor of Banking degree at Unisa.
- Makgasago Lekgothoane was adopted in 2014 and registered for a Certificate in Nursing at Healthnicon Nursing College in Pretoria.
There are also students who we give monthly allowance because their bursaries can only cover registration fees:
- Tlou Phukubye who is studying towards a Diploma in Chemical Engineering at Unisa
- Pandelani Nekhumbe II who completed his BSc degree at Wits University in 2014 and is starting his honours degree in 2015